Radon is a dangerous, hard to detect gas that can enter your home through the soil. It can cause harm to anyone who lives in a radon-infested house. Here’s the good news: there are many ways to reduce the amounts of radon that enter your home that are both easy and cost effective.
- Install a vent and pipe system to pull the radon out of your house. The radon is pulled out and enters the atmosphere so it’s not locked up in your home.
- A fan system can also be installed to help keep radon flowing out of your home. This will turn the vent and pipe system into more of a vacuum so the radon can be sucked out of your house rather than just vented out.
- Caulk and seal any cracks you may find in your basement walls or foundation.
- Install a layer of gravel under the floor of your home and cover it with plastic to keep the radon from seeping through as quickly.
- Get professional help. The professionals here at Valley DRC can not only test for radon, but also help install many radon mitigation systems that work well with your home.
Source and imagery from: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/…