Important Questions to Ask About Homeowners Insurance
When choosing homeowners insurance, remember to consider these topics.
- Company rating Is the insurance company able to cover what it says it’s going to cover? Can the company meet the obligations it sets for itself?
- Your home’s location Sometimes the location of your home has a lot to do with what is covered and what’s not.
- Deductibles This is how much you pay out of pocket. Deductibles depend on the company you choose and on the plan you choose.
- Coverage What do you need covered? If a plan offers coverage on everything but what you need, you may want to look somewhere else. When reviewing your policy details, pay close attention to the both the coverages and exclusions.
What do I Need Covered?
Before choosing your homeowners insurance, you have to first consider what you need covered in your particular insurance plan. While many other things may be covered by a particular policy, the most common protections provided by home insurance policies include damages from the following:
Normally, certain types of damages are not included in homeowners insurance plans in Colorado and other states. These can include:
- Damages caused by lack of maintenance
- Damages by certain aggressive dog breeds
Often, getting one or more of these damages covered requires extra charges or simply isn’t possible with certain companies or plans. However, it is not impossible to find an insurance company that will provide varying levels of protection and costs against these types of damages.
When it comes to water, fire, and natural disaster damages, as well as what your policy coverages and exclusions are, Valley can help you figure it out!
Call us at (970) 964-4437