When it comes to carpeting, professionally cleaning your floor is necessary.
- Increase in Lifespan Getting your carpet cleaned by a professional can help your carpet stay around for a longer time. When it’s lasting longer, you don’t have to spend more money on new carpet as often.
- Decrease in Allergens Dust mites and airborne allergens such as pet dander and pollen love to settle into your carpet. By procrastinating on getting it professionally cleaned for long periods of time, you are increasing the amounts of unhealthy contaminants that settle into your floor.
- Improve Air Quality As stated above, many types of bacteria, airborne allergens, and pollutants settle into your carpet. It’s important to get your carpet cleaned to keep your air quality in tact.
- Better Appearance Nobody likes a stained, ugly carpet. By professionally cleaning your floor regularly, your carpet will look close to brand new.
Tile and Grout
It’s important to get tile and grout professionally cleaned as well.
- Buildup of Allergens Similarly to carpets, allergens begin to layer up on tile and embed themselves in grout after long periods of time without a professional cleaning. Mold, bacteria, dirt, and oil are common allergens and pollutants that coat your grout and tile lines.
- Better Appearance Also like carpeting, a good cleaning of your tile increases its appearance. Lighter colored grout lines and tiles will have their original light or white coloring instead of having yellow or brown tint.
- Premature Aging Strong tile is meant to last for a long time. Without proper maintenance of your tile, it won’t last as long as it should.
- Clean All the Tile Tile may not just be on your floor! Wall backsplashes or showers also have grout and tile lines that need to be cleaned. Don’t forget to clean any grout and tile areas of debris and oils.
How Often Should You Professionally Clean Your Floor?
Using a professional to clean your floor is important, but how often should it be done?
It’s important to get tile and grout, as well as rugs and in-floor carpets cleaned at least once a year. Area rugs in particular should be shaken, beaten, and aired out once or twice every spring and fall.